Homemade Cards

Thursday 3 February 2011





I know it's only February but so far so good on the homemade card challenge. The plan, and key to success I think, is when I sit down to make a card, I check the calendar and make at least three. I could also do with a generic 'card-for-all-occasions' design and perhaps set up a little factory line with the children and go into production. I know that the Big Girl will be up for any creative challenge but the Big Boy might need to be bribed, corrupted...possibly paid but will probably end up enjoying it despite making a fuss.

These are easy little cards to make. Starting for the bottom photo: do a bit of chunky writing with watercolours and a brush.It doesn't matter if it's a bit messy but I have found it does help if you water the colours down a little bit. Let it dry. Then with some watercolour pencils write or draw over the top of painted letters. It looks great if the drawn letters fall inside or/and outside the lines as it gives a quirky 'illustrated'look. Add some little wiggly bits, stripes, flourishes and squiggles and TA-DAH...a delightfully happy birthday card!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Ink All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger