Birthday Celebrations (part 1)

Monday 3 January 2011



The year always begins with Mr Arty's birthday on 1st January. Before children he used to spend most of his special day slightly jaded but three children later we're usually in bed early the night before and up bright and early on new years day! Not out of choice I might add...
Anyway, whilst all birthdays are different there are two things that remain the same 1. I make a huge birthday cake and 2. I make him a card. He loves the Ellie Golding version of Elton John's 'Your Song' so I used some of the lyrics and drew them on his card. I used Aquarelle water colour pencils, which were satisfyingly vivid, to draw some bold, heavily serifed capitals.
This neatly leads me on to my new years resolution which is not to buy a single greetings card all year.I will make my own!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic resolution - i think i should try and make at least half. You never fail to inspire me Loosh, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. all very inspiring and some lovely work including writing and cake.
    I must see what I can do on my ipad, given to me by a son who thinks I am a techno-mother...spose I'd better prove it (as William would say)

    ReplyDelete

Wild Ink All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger