David Hockney's iPad

Wednesday 5 January 2011



“I draw flowers every day and send them to my friends so they get fresh blooms every morning." These were executed with his thumb on the iPhone screen. “Who would have thought that the telephone would bring back drawing?” David Hockney

Can you imagine receiving an iPad flower from the great man himself? How would you exhibit it in you house? I think I would be tempted to mount my iPad on the wall as a digital photo frame and then save up for another....
I am really inspired by these beautiful creations. I'm a big fan of drawing and drawings. One of the reasons I love drawing is because the equipment is simple and portable. You can draw on so many surfaces with so many different tools, creating any number of effects. The possibilities are endlessly exciting.
I remember reading somewhere that David Hockney has special big pockets stitched inside his coats so that he can carry his sketchbook with him wherever he goes. I also have big pockets and a large bag...but currently filled with such items as a packet of tissues, a hot wheels car, a Barbie shoe, a slightly melted chocolate penny and a port-a-potty. One day soon I will add a sketchbook to that collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Ink All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger